- 1.1 – In this document, Mashatu shall mean:Mashatu Investments (Pty) Ltd, Mashatu Nature Reserve (Pty) Ltd and/or Mashatu Game Reserve (incorporating Mashatu Euphorbia Villas, Mashatu Lodge, Tuli Safari Lodge Mashatu, Mashatu Tent Camp and all bona fide concessionaires).
- 1.2 – This agreement and its interpretation shall be subject to Botswana Law.
- 1.3 – All reservations will be on a pre-payment basis. Should payment not be timeously received, Mashatu reserves the right to automatically cancel such reserved accommodation.
- 1.4 – It is an express condition when entering into a business partnership with Mashatu that rates are not published in either print or electronic media at a lesser value than our rack rate.
- 1.5 – Mashatu Game Reserve: Pick up time at Pont Drift Border Post and Limpopo Valley Airfield is 13h00. Check-in time at the camp is 14h00 and check-out time is 11h00. Any variations on these times must be advised prior to guests’ arrival at the camps and any variations are at the sole discretion of management.
- 1.6 – Late arrivals – after 20h00 – are not permitted at any camps.
- 1.7 – Transfers to and from camps and the airport/ airstrips/ entrance gates are by road. Transfer times are dictated by passenger numbers and their flight variations. Please note that charges are not levied for the transfer to/ from Limpopo Valley Airfield to connect with scheduled flights. Any additional transfers are charged at a nominal rate per person.
- 2.1 – All rates apply to both group and F.I.T. reservations and are quoted per person per night, inclusive of VAT and conservation levies.
- 2.2 – Conservation levies apply to all reservations irrespective of rate.
- 2.3 – Mashatu reserves the right to amend the published rates without notice.
- 2.4 – Rates quoted include game drives and meals over a 24 hour period – both of which form an indivisible portion of the rates quoted.
- 2.5 – Rates are quoted in US Dollars and payment is accepted in this currency. However, arrangements can be made to convert this to SA Rand using the rates supplied to Mashatu by Nedbank, within a 6 month period of the guest’s arrival at camp.
- 2.6 – Rates converted into SA Rand are only valid if all deposits are received on due date/s. Failing this, Mashatu reserves the right to re-quote the rate or cancel the booking.
- 2.7 – Mashatu cannot be held liable for any rate fluctuations of third party suppliers whose services Mashatu has booked on behalf of travel companies/ guests.
3. Children Policy
- 3.1 – Mashatu Euphorbia: Children under 16 years are not permitted.
- 3.2 – Mashatu Lodge: All children are welcome at Mashatu Lodge under strict adult supervision. Children under 12 years, sharing accommodation with full paying adults, pay the quoted child tariff. Children of all ages are welcome but those under five years of age are not permitted to be taken on game drives, unless their parents have reserved sole-use of their vehicle for which there may be a charge.
- 3.3 – Tuli Safari Lodge Mashatu: All children are welcome at Tuli Safari Lodge Mashatu under strict adult supervision. Children under 12 years, sharing accommodation with full paying adults, pay the quoted child tariff. Children of all ages are welcome but those under five years of age are not permitted to be taken on game drives, unless their parents have reserved sole-use of their vehicle for which there may be a charge.
- 3.4 – Mashatu Tent Camp: Children under 12 years are not permitted.
- 3.5 – All children qualifying for the reduced rate will need to show proof of age on check-in.
4. Tour Leader/ Pilot/ Driver/ Guide Policy
- 4.1. Accommodation for a bona fide tour leader/ pilot/ driver/ guide shall be in B grade accommodation.
- 4.2. The B grade accommodation rate is applicable. This rate is purely for accommodation & meals and does not include game drives & other special activities. The latter shall be offered subject to availability on check-in and at the sole discretion of camp management.
5. High Season
- 5.1 – 16 December 2021 – 9 January 2022, 16 December 2022 – 8 January 2023 and 16 December 2023 – 7 January 2024.
- 5.2 – 1 May – 31 October each year
- 5.3 – Mashatu reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees should a confirmed reservation be cancelled within the following period: –
- 5% cancellation fee if cancelled more than 90 days prior to arrival.
- 25% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 90 days prior to arrival.
- 100% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 60 days prior to arrival.
6. Low Season
- 6.1 – All times of the year not deemed high season as described in clause 5 above.
- 6.2 – Mashatu reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees should a confirmed reservation be cancelled within the following period: –
- 5% cancellation fee if cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 60 days prior to arrival.
- 50% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 45 days prior to arrival.
- 100% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival
7. F.I.T. Policy
- 7.1 – No reservation is secure or confirmed until a 50% deposit is received to secure the booking. Mashatu reserves the right to automatically release accommodation being held unless a deposit is received within the stated period for each reservation.
- 7.2 – All guests shall settle their extras accounts in full prior to departure from the camps.
8. Group Policy
- 8.1 – Any party reserving 50% or more of the rooms at one camp is considered a group.
- 8.2 – No reservation is secure/ confirmed until a 10% non-refundable deposit is received to secure the booking. Two further deposits of 25% each are required at intervals prior to the date of arrival, as notified on the confirmation voucher and the full balance of all services and accommodation is required no later than one month prior to the date of arrival. Mashatu reserves the right to automatically release accommodation being held unless the required deposits are received as specified.
- 8.3 – Mashatu reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees should a confirmed reservation be cancelled within the following period: ¬-
- 10% cancellation fee if cancelled more than 180 days prior to arrival.
- 25% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 180 days prior to arrival.
- 100% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 60 days prior to arrival, or no show.
- 8.4 – Final numbers for groups must be confirmed 60 days prior to arrival after which time any reduction in numbers will incur cancellation fees in accordance with the group policy. Refer 8.3.
- 8.5 – All net accommodation and transfer costs must be pre-paid no less than 30 days prior to arrival. All extras must be settled direct at the camp by the guests, prior to their departure.
- 8.6 – Mashatu reserves the right to limit the number of single room rates at each camp.
9. High Season Policy
- Confirmation of groups over the high season period is strictly at the discretion of Mashatu management.
- 10.1 – Cancellation fees are calculated on the nett rate per person.
- 10.2 – Should cancelled accommodation be resold, cancellation fees will be refunded less a 10% handling charge.
- 10.3 – A 5% administration fee will be levied on refunds. The percentage is calculated on the total funds being held, at the time of cancelling the booking, and not the total booking value.
- 10.4 – Please ensure that all guests are covered by a travel insurance policy to protect against unforeseen cancellation, delays, injury, loss or any other prejudice of whatsoever cause.
- 10.5 – All reservation amendments or cancellations are valid only if advised and accepted by Mashatu, in writing, by facsimile or e-mail.
11. Important Notes
- 11.1 – Failure on the part of the guest/ travel company to comply timeously or at all with any of the terms and conditions contained herein shall entitle Mashatu, at its sole discretion, regardless of reservation requirements and/ or payments already received, to cancel/ refuse to accept the guest’s/ travel company’s reservation in respect of group/s or individual/s in question, unless satisfactory alternative arrangements are made by the guest/ travel company.
- 11.2 – It is to be noted that this agreement is between Mashatu and the party making the reservation and no leniency or indulgence will be granted by Mashatu in the event of other group/s or individual/s not timeously performing their corresponding duties to the party making the reservation.
- 11.3 – Please note that should Mashatu receive a firm, deposited booking over the dates when the guest/ travel company is holding space and prior to the guest/ travel company forwarding the necessary deposits to secure the reservation, the guest/ travel company will be requested to release the space being held, or to forward an immediate non-refundable deposit on all space held, to secure the space.
- 11.4 – All transfers and game drives are conducted in open safari vehicles.
- 11.5 – Adventure activities where relevant, are in place of a morning or evening game drive.
12. Payment Details
- 12.1 – Mashatu banking details: Please ensure a copy of the bank transfer slip, together with the reservation details is faxed or emailed to the central sales and reservations office. US Dollar:
Name of Account: Mashatu Nature Reserve (Pty) Ltd
Account No: 7503015470
Branch Code: 198765
Swift address: NEDSZAJJ
Address: 135 Rivonia Road, Sandown, 2196
Bank: Standard Chartered
Name of Account: Mashatu Nature Reserve (Pty) Ltd
Account number: 0100130096800
Branch code: 661667 (Selebi Phikwe)
Swift Code: SCHBBWGX
South African Rand:
Name of Account: Mashatu Nature Reserve (Pty) Ltd
Account No. : 1305832175
Branch Code: 198765
Address: 135 Rivonia Road, Sandown, 219
- 12.2 – Should you feel concerned with paying into our bank account without personally verifying the details, please feel free to call our reservations office on 0027 (0)31 761 3440 to confirm the details. Unfortunately, Mashatu cannot be held liable should payments be made to any incorrect accounts.
- 12.3 – All bank charges are the responsibility of the guest/ travel company making the relevant bank transfer into one of the Mashatu bank accounts.
- 12.4 – Nedbank exchange rates, as supplied to Mashatu, on the date of agreement will applyfor conversion purposes
- 12.5 – Master Card, Visa and American Express credit cards are accepted for foreign currency payments for prepaid reservations only.
- 12.6 – Master Card and Visa credit cards are accepted in South African Rand and Botswana Pula respectively at all our camps. American Express credit cards are accepted at all camps but only in South African Rand, whilst Diners Club credit cards are not accepted at Mashatu.
- 12.7 – All credit cards require a letter of authorisation with the cardholder’s signature to debit same.
- 12.8 – The credit card which is submitted to our central reservations office for deposits and prepayments must be presented at the camp with the card holder’s passport on check-in for verification purposes.
- 12.9 – Payments must be received by Mashatu on the dates stipulated, failing which Mashatu reserves the right to collect payment directly from the guest on arrival. Delays in postal services and mislaid payments are the responsibility of the travel company.
- 12.10 – Cheques are not accepted as tender of payment.
13. Variation/ Waiver
- 13.1. Variation or waiver of the above Terms and Conditions is at the sole discretion of Mashatu and must be confirmed in writing, failing which such variation or waiver will not apply.
14. Any international operator who elects to bypass a local African DMC in order to contract directly with Mashatu in respect of services of whatsoever nature, should be aware that Mashatu cannot be held responsible for providing ground handling services for the clients in the event of necessity. Clients should look to the international operator to fulfil these functions in the event of an emergency of whatsoever nature.
15. The laws of Botswana apply to all transactions.