Road Transfer between O. R Tambo and Pont Drift Border Post at Mashatu
|Road Transfer one way (Per Vehicle 1- 9 Pax)||R 10 120.00||R 10 120.00|
The border opens at 08h00 and closes STRICTLY at 16h00 therefore should guests arrive later than this time; they will NOT be able to enter Botswana.
Self-Drive To Mashatu
Click here for more information on the location of Mashatu.
Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and a 7 hour drive from Gaborone. Please contact us for a route map with detailed directions.
- Please note that the Pont Drift Border Post opens at 08h00 and closes at 16h00. These times are strictly enforced.
- All road transfers are based per vehicle one way.
- Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6.5 hour drive from Johannesburg and a 7 hour drive from Gaborone.
- Should the Limpopo River be in flood, transfer across the river into / out of Botswana is made by cable car at an additional cost of BWP65.00 per person per crossing and BWP125.00 per load per crossing for luggage payable on checkout at camp for 2021, 2022 and 2023 – one way.
- A special transfer fee of $40.00 per person one way for 2021, 2022 and 2023 will be levied for transfers from and to the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont Drift Border.
- Mashatu Game Reserve utilizes the services of other companies to provide the transport detailed above. As a result, Mashatu Game Reserves cannot be held responsible should for any rate changes dictated by the third parties concerned (Copper Sun). Copper Sun terms and conditions apply.
- Please note that transfer quotes are strictly based on current prices and exclude fuel surcharges which might be levied due to excessive fuel / market related price increases – they are subject to change without notice.
- On completing Botswana immigration formalities clients will be transported via a transport vehicle for up to 60 minutes to respective camps. Please note that this transfer is done in an open safari vehicle.
- Please note that the South African police at Pont Drift Border Post will request sight of a certificate of registration in respect of all motor vehicles including a letter of authority from the rental company in the case of rental cars and from the owner of the vehicle in the case of company vehicles both giving the respective drivers permission to take the vehicle through the border post (even if parking at the border post).
Self-Drive To Mashatu
The estimated driving time from the Pont Drift Border Post to:
- Mashatu Lodge: 45 minutes
- Mashatu Tented Camp: 60 minutes
Approximate Distances from Johannesburg to Pont Drift:
- JHB to Polokwane (previously known as Pietersburg) 300 km (187 miles)
- Polokwane to Pont Drift 204 km (127 miles)
- JHB to Pont Drift approximately 6 hours drive
Approximate Distances from Gaborone to Pont Drift:
- Via Palapye, Mogapi, Bobonong and Motlhabaneng ± 516 km
- Tarred ± 490 km (304 miles)
- Untarred ± 50 km (31 miles)