Our suggested two-night itinerary
Please note that the itinerary is not cast in stone. Timings are dependent on game viewing, weather conditions and the preference of all guests occupying a safari vehicle. The itinerary below is based on a day at Mashatu Main Camp. The itinerary at Mashatu Tent Camp is similar, although some minor details such as venues may change.
- On arrival at the Limpopo Valley Airfield or Pont Drift Border Post, a representative from Mashatu will meet you for your transfer to the camp in an open safari vehicle.
- After a warm welcome and check-in, you will be shown to your room to freshen up before meeting for a scrumptious high tea on the terrace overlooking the waterhole.
- You will embark on your first game drive at 16h00 (15h30 in the winter months), accompanied by an experienced game ranger and tracker. You will get your first glimpse of the rich variety of game and the profusion of bird life that abounds in the area.
- At sunset you will stop in the bush for sundowners, where you will experience the magic of the bush as the sun sinks into the dusty horizon.
- As darkness approaches, the trackers will scan the bush with a powerful spotlight, and point out any elusive nocturnal nightlife that may appear.
- The safari vehicles return to camp at 20h00 (19h30 in winter), allowing you time to freshen up before meeting for pre-dinner drinks at the “Gin Trap” bar.
- Dinner is served under the stars in the traditional open-air boma, while the sounds of the surrounding bushveld serenade you.
- The bar remains open after dinner.
- An early morning call at 05h30 (06h00 in winter) heralds a new day in Africa’s most exciting game reserve. After a light snack, your early morning game drive allows you to explore the magnificence nature.
- On return to the camp a hearty brunch is served. Spend the morning relaxing by the pool or in the Discovery Room.
- Following high tea in the late afternoon, you set off again in search of game.
- Round off another perfect day at Mashatu with a delicious dinner at the camp, and the companionship of your fellow guests and the Mashatu hospitality staff. Allow the memories of your day’s game viewing to lull you off to dreamland when you fall into bed, tired but contented.
- There’s an early start for visitors who want to enjoy an early morning game drive.
- On return to the camp, and after a quick brunch, it’s time to check out and say farewell to Mashatu. You will be transferred back to the Pont Drift Border post or Limpopo Valley Airfield for your onward journey at either 10h00 or 13h00.
Mashatu offers Adventure Activities for guests in search of a little more action.
Click here for further information.