Road Transfers to and from Mashatu
Wilro Tours offers a road transfer between Johannesburg and the Northern Tuli Game Reserve as follows:
Johannesburg to Mashatu, nett, one way.
Valid from 1st December 2017 to 30th November 2018:
|1 – 3 pax (3-seater or 7-seater)||R 8 855.00||R 9 300.00|
|4 – 7 pax (3-seater or 7-seater)||R 10 005.00||R 10 505.00|
|8 – 14 pax (2 x vehicles)||R 18 975.00||R 19 925.00|
Note: transfers departing Johannesburg after 10h00 or pick ups to Johannesburg before 13h00 require an overnight for the driver/ guide at an additional ZAR 1150.00 per transfer for 2017 and ZAR 1 210.00 for 2018.
The border opens at 08h00 and closes STRICTLY at 16h00 therefore should guests arrive later than this time; they will NOT be able to enter Botswana.
|Below Road Transfer Rates are nett, one way and per vehicle (1-7 pax per vehicle)|
|Rates are Valid from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2018|
|From / To||From / To||2017 Price||2018 Price||Transfer Time|
|*Limpopo Valley Airfield||Mabolwe Border Post||R 5 580.00||R 5 860.00||2 Hours|
|**Limpopo Valley Airfield||Plumtree Border Post||R 7 880.00||R 7 275.00||4 Hours|
Surcharge each way if the Limpopo is not crossable and transfer has to use Martinsdrift Border Post.
R 1 650.00 for 2017
R 1 650.00 for 2018
*Only valid if Shashe River and Limpopo River is dry and crossable.
**Only valid if Limpopo River is dry and crossable.
Self-Drive To Mashatu
Click here for more information on the location of Mashatu.
Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and a 7 hour drive from Gaborone. Please contact us for a route map with detailed directions.
- All road transfers are based per vehicle one way.
- Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and a 7 hour drive from Gaborone.
- That the Pont Drift Border Post opens at 08h00am closes at 16h00pm. These times are strictly enforced.
- A special transfer fee of US$ 40.00 per person one way will be levied for transfers from and to the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont Drift Border Post outside of the scheduled rendezvous time of 13h00.
- Should the Limpopo River be in flood, transfer across the river into / out of Botswana is made by cable car at an additional cost of BWP50.00 per person per crossing and BWP100.00 per load per crossing for luggage payable on checkout at camp for 2017 and BWP55.00 per person per crossing and BWP110.00 per load per crossing for luggage payable on checkout at camp for 2018.
Mashatu Game Reserve utilizes the services of other companies to provide the transport detailed above. As a result, Mashatu Game Reserve cannot be held responsible for any rate or schedule changes dictated by the third parties concerned (Airlink, Copper Sun and Wilro Tours)
- On arrival at the Pont Drift border clients will be met by a representative of Mashatu on the South African side of the border. Vehicles are parked on the South African side of the border within the immigration compound. Once through the South African immigration clients will be transferred across the Limpopo River into Botswana either by way of a vehicle, a cable car or a boat but always in the company of a Mashatu employee.
- Please note that the South African police at Pont Drift Border Post will request sight of a certificate of registration in respect of all motor vehicles. This must include a letter of authority from the rental company in the case of rental cars or from the owner of the vehicle in the case of company vehicles or owners other than the driver, both giving the respective drivers permission to take the vehicle through the border post (even if only parking at the border post and not driving through the Limpopo River to Botswana).
- On completing Botswana immigration formalities clients will be transported via a transport vehicle for up to 60 minutes to respective camps. Please note that this transfer is done in an open safari vehicle.
- PLEASE NOTE – Botswana intends to introduce a Tourism Development Levy of $30.00 per foreign tourist payable on arrival in Botswana. Date of implementation and exact modus operandi have yet to be announced. Our partners in the tourism trade will be advised as and when more details are available.
The estimated driving time from the Pont Drift Border Post to
- Mashatu Lodge: 45 minutes
- Mashatu Tented Camp: 60 minutes
Approximate Distances from Johannesburg to Pont Drift :
- JHB to Polokwane (previously known as Pietersburg) 300 km (187 miles)
- Polokwane to Pont Drift 204 km (127 miles)
- JHB to Pont Drift approximately 5 hours drive
Approximate Distance from Gaborone to Pont Drift:
- Via Palapye, Mogapi, Bobonong and Motlhabaneng ± 516 km
- Tarred ± 490 km (304 miles)
- Untarred ± 50 km (31 miles)