Road Transfers to and from Mashatu
Wilro Tours offers a road transfer between Johannesburg and the Northern Tuli Game Reserve as follows:
Johannesburg to Mashatu, nett, one way.
Valid from 1st December 2016 to 30th November 2017:
|1 – 3 pax (3-seater or 7-seater)||R 8 855.00||R 8 855.00|
|4 – 7 pax (3-seater or 7-seater)||R 10 005.00||R 10 005.00|
|8 – 14 pax (2 x vehicles)||R 18 975.00||R 18 975.00|
Note: transfers departing Johannesburg after 10h00 or pick ups to Johannesburg before 13h00 require an overnight for the driver/ guide at an additional ZAR 1150.00 per transfer.
The border opens at 08h00 and closes STRICTLY at 16h00 therefore should guests arrive later than this time; they will NOT be able to enter Botswana.
|Below Road Transfer Rates are nett, one way and per vehicle (1-7 pax per vehicle)|
|Rates are Valid from 1 September 2016 to 31 December 2017|
|From / To||From / To||Price||Transfer Time|
|*Limpopo Valley Airfield||Mabolwe Border Post||R 5 580.00||2 Hours|
|**Limpopo Valley Airfield||Plumtree Border Post||R 7 880.00||4 Hours|
*Only valid if Shashe River and Limpopo River is dry and crossable.
**Only valid if Limpopo River is dry and crossable.
Self-Drive To Mashatu
Click here for more information on the location of Mashatu.
Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and a 7 hour drive from Gaborone. Please contact us for a route map with detailed directions.
- Please note that the Pont Drift Border Post opens at 08h00 and closes at 16h00. These times are strictly enforced.
- All road transfers are based per vehicle one way.
- Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and a 7 hour drive from Gaborone.
- Should the Limpopo River be in flood, transfer across the river into / out of Botswana is made by cable car at an additional cost of BWP50.00 per person per crossing and BWP100.00 per load per crossing for luggage payable on checkout at camp.
- A special transfer fee of US$ 40.00 per person will be levied for transfers from and to the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont Drift Border Post outside of the scheduled rendezvous time at these collection points of 13h00.
- Mashatu Game Reserve utilizes the services of other companies to provide the transport detailed above. As a result, Mashatu Game Reserves cannot be held responsible should for any rate changes dictated by the third parties concerned (Wilro Tours).
- Please note that transfer quotes are strictly based on current prices and exclude fuel surcharges which might be levied due to excessive fuel / market related price increases – they are subject to change without notice.
- On completing Botswana immigration formalities clients will be transported via a transport vehicle for up to 60 minutes to respective camps. Please note that this transfer is done in an open safari vehicle.
The estimated driving time from the Pont Drift Border Post to
- Mashatu Lodge: 45 minutes
- Mashatu Tented Camp: 60 minutes
Approximate Distances from Johannesburg to Pont Drift :
- JHB to Polokwane (previously known as Pietersburg) 300 km (187 miles)
- Polokwane to Pont Drift 204 km (127 miles)
- JHB to Pont Drift approximately 5 hours drive
Approximate Distance from Gaborone to Pont Drift:
- Via Palapye, Mogapi, Bobonong and Motlhabaneng ± 516 km
- Tarred ± 490 km (304 miles)
- Untarred ± 50 km (31 miles)